Cuiling (Sue) Gong
Texas Christian University
Department of Engineering
TCU Box 298640
Fort Worth, TX 76129
PH: (817) 257-6317
FAX: (817) 257-7704
Cuiling Gong joined the faculty of the Department of Engineering at Texas Christian University in August 2011. She received her Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering from MIT in 1999. She had two M.S. degrees in Civil and Environmental Engineering from MIT and University of Minnesota in 1996 and 1993 respectively. She received her B.S. degree from Tsinghua University in China in 1990. Before she joined TCU, she worked at Texas Instruments (TI) for 11 years as the key mechanical designer of the digital micromirror device (DMD), which enables a wide range of display products such as projectors used in classrooms, home entertainment centers and movie theaters as well as smart phones. She also worked at the Kilby Innovation Labs of TI developing microscale piezoelectric vibration energy harvesting technology. She spent one year at Exxon Production Research Center as a R&D engineer in Houston, TX before joined TI.
MEMS design and modeling
Microscale energy harvesting technologies
Wireless sensor networks
- Ultrasonic induced cavitation and sonochemical effects
Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
Energy harvesting technology
- Digital logics
- Sue Hui and Cuiling Gong, “Spatial Light Modulator Sub-Pixel Architecture and Method,” issued March, 2010.
- Cuiling Gong, Larry Hornbeck and Jason Neidrich, “Sloping Electrodes in Spatial Light Modulator,” issued February, 2008.
- Henry Chu and Cuiling Gong, “Digital micro-mirror device with free standing spring tips and distributed address electrodes,” issued November 2006.
- Cuiling Gong, “Micro-mirror element and method,” issued October, 2006.
- Cuiling Gong and Rabah Mezenner, “Micro-mirror element with double binge,” issued November, 2010.
- Cuiling Gong, David Mehrl, Tim Hogan and Frank Armstrong, “Optical MEMS,” book chapter, 2008.
- Cuiling Gong, “Digital Micromirror Device (DMD) Pixel Shrink for High Resolution Application”, Proc.TEXMEMS VII, 2005, pp.103-106.
- J. Huffman, C. Gong, “Next Generation Pixel Scaling for the Digital Micromirror Device,” 2005 IEEE Bipolar/BiCMOS Circuits and Technology Meeting, Santa Barbara, CA, October 2005, pp163-168.
- C. Gong, D.P. Hart (1999), “Interactions of bubble dynamics and chemistry in cavitation bubbles induced by ultrasound,” Proc. of the 3rd ASME/JSME Joint Fluids Eng. Conf., July, 1999, San Francisco, CA.
- Cuiling Gong and Douglas Hart, “Ultrasound induced cavitation and sonochemical yields,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 104 (5), November, 1998.
- Sheldon I. Green, Douglas Hart, Cuiling Gong and John Brisson, “Dynamics of acoustically excited bubble clouds,” Proceedings of 1997 ASME Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
- Cuiling Gong and Douglas Hart, “Ultrasound induced cavitation and sonochemical yields,” Proceedings of 1997 ASME Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
- Cuiling Gong and Elfatih Eltahir, “Sources of moisture for rainfall in West Africa,” Water Resources Research, Vol. 32, No. 10, 1996.
- Elfatih Eltahir and Cuiling Gong, “Dynamics of wet and dry years in West Africa,” Journal of Climate, Vol. 9, Issue 5, 1996, pp. 1030-1042.
- Eltahir, E. A. B. and C. Gong, “Ocean-Atmosphere-Land Interactions and Rainfall in the Sahel, EOS”, Transactions of the American Geophysical Union, 76(46): F91, 1995.
- C.C. Song and Cuiling Gong, “Hydraulic Transient Modeling of T.H. 35W Sewer System,” Report for Minnisota Department of Transportation, St. Anthony Falls Laboratory, 1994.
- C.C. Song and Cuiling Gong, “Hydraulic Transient Modeling of TARP system,” Report 332, St. Anthony Falls Laboratory, 1993.